Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Catmon: Bagalnga Shores

LOCATION:
Catmon, Cebu (northern part of Cebu)

FESTIVAL:
Budbod Kabog Festival (February 10)

FEES:  (as of January 2015)
Bus Fare from North Bus Terminal to Catmon (est. 80.00)

OTHER PLACES TO VISIT:
Esoy Hot Spring
Imelda Aroma Paradise Mountain Waterpark
Catmon Stone Church
Huna-huna Beach Resort
Las Flores Beach & Hotel Resort
Catmon Seaside Park Resort
Banzon Beach
Lumanoy Caves and Spring
Mt, Tabayag
Duyan Hot Spring
Binongkalan Beach Resort


If Boracay has white sand beaches, Bagalnga has these brown sand beaches. Well, comparing both isn't really something but if the purpose of visiting the beach is to unwind, these beaches are free for all.

We've stayed in this place for a number of summers and holy weeks. With our relatives around, Bagalnga has never been a boring residence. I have had a lot of first times in this place. Here, I first learned how to partially swim (I'm not a good swimmer, just a couple of breaststrokes and I'm already exhausted, lol). I had my first leg cramps after a long (seems like it) swim. I had my first campfire with my cousins (memorable campfires). I learned how to play mahjong and tong-its (lol we are known gamblers, just kidding) and so much more (more as in I could no longer recall hehe). We held a couple of reunions here as well, which most of the family members do not attend because of derby fights (like I said, our family members are known gamblers, I'm not proud, I just feel like saying it).





I miss Mama Pet (my grandma). I miss everyone. Now that all my playmates have become grown-ups, it is harder to get everyone together. Mishaps and misunderstandings within family members are inevitable, but we believe we are one heart, one blood, one family - Baylon-Jorquia Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment